Wednesday, March 2, 2011

75 never looked so good!


Thank you Penguin Ink for putting out a killer line-up of covers for your 75th anniversary.

Titles include:
  1. Money by Martin Amis
  2. Bridget Jones' Diary by Helen Fielding
  3. Waiting for the Barbarians by J. M. Coetzee
  4. From Russia with Love by Ian Fleming
  5. The Bone People by Keri Hulme

I'm pretty sure I'll be making the investment considering all the covers include rockabilly and flash art- still very near and dear to me...although I am considering less and less getting a real flash tattoo (Mom will be happy)- in favor of a one-off. Then again, maybe not. And then again, maybe my mom won't be happy.

I also plan on picking up T.C. Boyle's The Tortilla Curtain-great tattoo art there too.

I was shopping at Border's last night- my least favorite of B&N vs. Border's- because I had a bunch of gift certificates and 15 are closing in the state-so I was hoping for a sale. I still feel awful for my hypocritical ways. I love going to a bookstores. Smelling the books, browsing for hours (I found out last night that CTA does too!!), but I find all the books are wayyy over priced- at least in comparison to Amazon-hell all the links here are Amazon! So here I am, sad about the closing, annoyed that I'm spending my free money on over-priced books. Either way, I picked up Lolita which was recommended by a very smart friend and within pages I'm already loving the admittedly conversational tone. I also picked up Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead- which the more I think about it, I already own...thanks Mom! And yes, the only reason I got it was because of these awesome t-shirts that make me I feel like I should read and own every title. (If they had this one or this one- I would have bought it!)

While writing this, I drooled over the Penguin 75 list and decided I only want about 30 of them. CTA will have to build me more shelves.

More pictures of the move to come.

Crap, now I'm late for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment