Monday, July 18, 2011

I Heart New England


Pin Pointed Travelers at Longtrail

This weekend, I spent 3 days and 2 nights with some of my favorite people, enjoying Vermont, eating, and drinking. CTA, CTA's brother, my brother, my sister-in-law, and her brother headed up to the Vermont Brewers Festival on Lake Champlain in Burlington. I love these people so much. My sister-in-law is really a sister as CTA's brother is my brother. It was our second year as a group and my fourth or fifth time personally. The ride up was gorgeous, windows down, Curtis' BBQ time. We stopped at Harpoon, Long Trail, and Otter Creek before getting to the camp ground for dinner. The next day we walked the "mile" to the shore and cooled off.

The festival was fabulous as usual. Empanadas, falafel, and Bacon Beer were the biggest hits. Stone Brewery, a family favorite, showed up from the West Coast. We weren't sure why, but we enjoyed it the same. Bender was an absolute chick magnet as usual and he made all sorts of friends. I managed to see one of my first crushes from CT, a former Eli's employee, a high school acquaintance that started a brewery, and a grade school best friend.

These things only happen in New England.

Trapp Family in Stowe

These things make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment