Sunday, December 13, 2009

Snow Day!


I wake up to Will, otherwise known as 'Doodle.' My brother's six year old God-son stayed with us because Mom and Dad had extra early shifts. As I silence my alarm, I hear leaf blowers that turn out to be snow blowers. I get up to see a blanket of thick white stuff and enormous flakes falling.



Will, on his way to the bathroom in amazing dinosaur pjs, I say "Hi."


"Hi" I get back.


"Have you looked outside?" I say.


"Ya. It's light out."


"No, look" I open my curtain.


"OHHH!!!"


I get dressed for work and shovel the driveway with my brother.


I make breakfast as the teacher, on her snow day, sits and watches cartoons with Will, also on his snow day.


As I put on my jacket to head out, I get a call from the carpenter from my work.


"Don't kill yourself to get in."


"Oh, OK."


"This morning is a great day to make me cookies though."


And it was.


Can't beat coconut chocolate chip with way too much butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment